Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sweet Success!

As I have mentioned previously, we are working on potty training with Bennett. Each day is getting better then the previous. Thursday - Sunday were the most difficult. I kept questioning whether Bennett was really ready for the potty or if we were pushing him too soon. Then Monday came and something clicked with Heather. Bennett had two successful times on the potty and three accidents. Tuesday was the same, only better. 3 successes and only two accidents. Wednesday, only one accident! It is so exciting to have him picking up such a difficult thing. I know that we still have a long ways to go, but he is "getting it" which is the most.important.thing. I don't care if he has an accident, as long as he tells me before he goes... we are on the right track. We are going to stick with it and hopefully next week at this time we will be so much closer to full training! At night, pull ups are a necessity - of course. I think that potty training teaches us so much about each other and about patience. Oh, and laundry. The baskets are all overflowing... I better get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment