Saturday, April 20, 2013

The good life!

My mom is getting ready to retire at the end of the school year. As the day gets closer she keeps reminding us of how many Mondays she has. Or that this is the last parent teacher conferences or culture fair. An exciting time for her to move into a new and relaxing phase in life. As I was driving this week I noticed the old HMS and reminded me of where it all began. I can remember as a tiny little girl going Christmas caroling with her students, thinking I was so cool going to school with my mom! Follow that up with having your mom for a 6th grade teacher. While it was a bit of a balancing act, it had its perks!! Changing in the closet for ski club, always having money for lunch and maybe getting a sneak peek at the monthly seating chart!! 
I know that my mom has enjoyed all of the students that she has worked with, the colleagues that she has collaborated with and the friendships that she has made. I can imagine that it will be tough to say good-bye and walk out those doors in June, but I think it might make it a bit easier knowing that she has played a part in shaping thousands of students that passed through her classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment