Friday, May 21, 2010

On the Eve...

Bennett will be two in just over one hour. Travis and I are still in shock wondering where the past 730 days have gone. A lot has changed since Bennett was born and we often think and talk about that. This morning as we were getting ready we talked about where we were two years ago on this day. We were both getting ready for work in the morning - Travis at VK and I was at Logomos. We worked a full 8 hour day though I am sure that between the two of us we maybe logged one hour of work. We were waiting... waiting for what was to come at 7:00 pm. We had told very few people that we were going to the hospital that night to be induced. We were still waiting to hear from the hospital if they would even take us. I had instructions to call in at 3:00 pm to see if they had room. I called and they said to show up at 7:00 pm. I called Travis, we met at home at 5:00 and headed off for our last dinner as a family of two. We went to Famous Dave's in Woodbury & I think that most of the dinner we sat in silence. If we did speak, I have no idea what was said. We were looking ahead to the unknown. Then dinner was done at it was 6:50. We drove to Woodwinds. I hopped out of the car and started racing into the hospital. Travis pulled me back to take a picture before we walked in. Not my most flattering picture, but glad that we have it. Walked into the Maternity floor and braced ourselves for what was to come. Once we got settled in the room (you would have thought that we were staying for a week) with all of the goodies that we brought. Then we called a few close friends to just give them a heads up that in the next day or two Bennett would be arriving. I was given cervadil and then we were just spending the night at the hospital and playing the waiting game until morning. We played skip-bo, watched a movie, ate some snacks and then my parents came over to visit after the softball game. We hung out until 11:30 and they headed home. The nurse came in to check on me before going to bed and she gave me a medication to help me sleep. I took that around midnight and we were just falling asleep - when my water broke...

No comments:

Post a Comment