Thursday, November 7, 2013

The FIRST field trip

Bennett had his first field trip of kindergarten at the end of September. I was lucky enough to be able to chaperone... the perks of being your own boss and working in town! Loading up the bus, sitting three to a seat... it all brought back memories of my own field trips! It was so fun to be able to be with Bennett, meet some of his friends and see him interact with his friends and Mrs. Vanasse. All four classes went, so over 80 kindergartners swarmed the orchard, picnic tables and playground. I felt so bad for a few mom's that had brought kiddos to the orchard for the morning. The "big kids" were going crazy on the playground! But everyone had a blast and came home with a few apples. I followed up  my field trip to helping with the apple party later in the week. We made applesauce, checked to see if they would sink or float, measured our apples and colored pictures of them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment